The IT Section is comprised of seven individuals working as a coordinated team to provide all facets of IT support to the Office. Our Mission: Provide the technology tools and support required by the Sheriff’s office to meet its primary mission.
We are responsible for maintaining all of the technology operations including phones, printers, fax machines, computers, and major software systems in use throughout the Office.
The seven members consist of the following positions:
IT Manager, Tom Thieme – sets direction and makes technology decisions that affect large areas of the Office or even the Office as a whole; works with vendors and other agencies to identify up and coming technologies that might prove useful; works with Command Staff to assist in meeting strategic goals utilizing technology.
Application Support Specialist, Calvin Hedgeman – ensures that the major software systems and the technology that drives them are fully functional and support office requirements, is responsible for overseeing the implementation of new software systems within the Office.
IT Support Specialist - this position is responsible for the day to day end user support of all things computer related. Each Specialist is assigned a primary geographical area of responsibility (a building or complex) within the Office, becoming a subject matter expert in certain functional and technical operations performed on that complex as well as common technology functions performed across the entire Office.
- Anthony Villamor is assigned to OTS (Office of the Sheriff) and provides support for cell phones and MDC systems. Anthony is the lead support specialist for the Emergency Services Division and the Mobile Command Post. Anthony is also the lead specialist for IT infrastructure issues within the OTS building.
- Kelly Reckel is assigned to CJC and provides support for Video Visitation and the security systems at the jail.
- Gabe Davis is assigned to CJC and provides support for the closed circuit inmate TV system.
- Sam Mercer is assigned to OTS and provides support for systems under development prior to deployment, support for Sheriff’s Office IT-unique systems and servers, and liaison with external agencies as required.
- Help Desk Technician – answers inbound support requests; creates and manages the work orders with assignments and follow up; provide first line end user support; supports the BizHub print management systems; liaison with County Help Desk for various routine tasks; assists with completing purchase paperwork.
We are genuinely dedicated to professionalism, excellence, and competence. We believe in rapid response, open communication, and teamwork.
Listed below are just a few of the software/hardware systems we support:
- Jail Management System
- NDE-x (Nation Data Exchange from the FBI)
- Records Management System
- Civil Process System
- Offender Watch (sex offender registration and publication)
- Mobile Data Computers
- VisiNet Mobile (mobile dispatch application in patrol cars)
- CJC video camera system and DVRs
- Emergency Operations Center and Mobile Command technology systems
- Cell phones and mobile data devices
- Evidence Management System
- Fleet Management System
- Online Services (CopLogic, Crime Reports, Web Blotter)
For general IT and support issues, please contact us through our Help Desk at 719-520-7500 or via email at email@example.com.
Tom Thieme, IT Manager, can be reached directly at 719-520-7136 or firstname.lastname@example.org for all other IT related issues.
To find out more about the Support Services Bureau, click on any of the links located below.