Research and Development:
The Research and Development Unit provides central planning and research for the Sheriff's Office. The Unit works closely with all Sheriff's Office Bureaus and Divisions. The primary functions include, but are not limited to:
- Providing overall management for both the Internal and External Strategic Plans.
- Identifying, coordinating, and tracking major Sheriff's Office capital improvement programs.
- Controlling internal and external surveys.
- Representing the Sheriff's Office on related El Paso County Working Groups and Councils.
- Conducting special research on topics requested by the Sheriff or Undersheriff.
- Collecting and maintaining accurate data and statistical information that supports both the long and short-term strategic goals and programs within the Office.
- Forwarding analytical information to affected areas throughout the Office.
- The Unit distributes completed research documents internally, as appropriate, and externally as directed by the Sheriff and or Undersheriff.
To find out more about the Support Services Bureau, click on any of the links located below.