Information Technology Section
The IT Section is a coordinated team that provides all facets of IT support to the Office.
Our Mission: Provide the technology tools and support required by the Sheriff’s Office to meet its primary mission. We are genuinely dedicated to professionalism, excellence, and competence. We believe in rapid response, open communication, and teamwork.
We are responsible for maintaining all of the technology operations including phones, printers, fax machines, computers, mobile devices and major software systems in use throughout the Office.
The members consist of the following positions:
IT Support Manager, Candace Ramsey-Blackburn sets direction and makes technology decisions that affect large the Office as a whole. Ms. Ramsey-Blackburn works with vendors and other agencies to identify up and coming technologies that might prove useful, works with Command Staff to assist in meeting strategic goals utilizing technology and assists in the project management of various Enterprise-related systems. Ms. Ramsey-Blackburn also directs support of the help desk working directly with County IT to ensure reliable systems throughout the Sheriff’s Office various locations and mobile devices.
IT Programs Manager, Garth Littrell provides direction to the Information Technology Steering Committee (ITSC) on Enterprise System Projects that impact the services and availability of key system to the Sheriff’s Operations. Mr. Littrell is responsible for reporting on key IT projects and their status, as well as developing and mentoring a Project Management Framework within the Office.
IT Project Manager & Application Support, Calvin Hedgeman ensures the major software systems and the technology that drives them are fully functional and support Office requirements. Mr. Hedgeman is responsible for overseeing the implementation of new software systems within the Office and acting as liaison and project manager on key Enterprise systems.
Help Desk Technician, Skyla VanderHeiden, has been with the Sheriff’s Office for 5 years and originally was at the County Clerk and Recorder for 5 1/2 years. She is responsible to answer inbound support requests, creates and manages the work orders with assignments and follow up, provides first line end user support, supports the BizHub print management systems, serves as liaison to the County Help Desk for various routine tasks, and assists with completing purchase paperwork.
IT Support Specialist - this position is responsible for the day to day end user support of all things computer related. Each Specialist is assigned a primary geographical area of responsibility (a building or complex) within the Office, becoming a subject matter expert in certain functional and technical operations performed at that site, as well as common technology functions performed across the entire Office.
Office of the Sheriff (OTS), 27 E. Vermijo Avenue, Colorado Springs
- Kelly Reckel has been with the Sheriff’s Office for 6 years, but was previously an employee with the El Paso County IT for a total of 12 years between both organizations. He has worked at the CJC and has knowledge of various systems from server level to end-user environments.
- Jennifer Schafer has been with the Sheriff’s Office for 4 years and in IT for 2 years. She works on general support and also has currently been assigned to assist with the Body-Worn Camera project.
Criminal Justice Center (CJC), 2739 E. Las Vegas Street, Colorado Springs
- Anthony Villamor has been with the Office for 7 years and has extensive knowledge of systems at both locations. Currently he has worked on implementation of the mobile device management for the Office cellular SmartPhones for Criminal Justices Information Security.
- Sam Mercer has been with the Office for 7 years and has worked at the OTS. He has knowledge at system and server level and supports many of the audio/video and camera related issues.
Listed below are just a few of the software/hardware systems we support:
- Jail Management System
- NDE-x (Nation Data Exchange from the FBI)
- Records Management System
- Civil Process System
- Offender Watch (sex offender registration and publication)
- Mobile Data Computers
- VisiNet Mobile (mobile dispatch application in patrol cars)
- CJC video camera system and DVRs
- Emergency Operations Center and Mobile Command technology systems
- Cell phones and mobile data devices
- Evidence Management System
- Fleet Management System
Online Services (CopLogic, Crime Reports, Web Blotter)
For general IT and support issues, please contact us through our Help Desk at 719-520-7500 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candace Ramsey-Blackburn, IT Support Manager, can be reached directly at 719-520